Haz Clic con México is the annual call for entries created to gather and highlight the best of Mexican photography where 18 photographs will form the national portfolio for the next edition of the World Photographic Cup (WPC) .
Intended to show the beauty of nature and wildlife. Wildlife images should be captured in their natural habitat. Panoramas are allowed in this category. Composite and non-composite images are allowed in this category.
Entries should reﬂect the appearance, essence or personality of those portrayed. Images of families or groups are included in this category. Composite images are allowed as long as the digital postproduction is not a signiﬁcant part of conveying the personality of the subject(s).
Must be done in connection with an actual wedding event. Images should reﬂect the personality of the subject(s). They must include some visual reference(s) that deﬁnes the wedding event (traditional clothing, church ﬂowers etc.). Composite images are allowed as long as the digital postproduction is not a signiﬁcant part of displaying the essence or the personality of the subject(s).
Images with an intended use by a commercial client to promote or brand a product or company. Advertising, fashion, beauty, still life, food, architecture, corporate photography are all included in this category. Composite and non-composite images, and highly manipulated images, are allowed as relevant in this category.
Reportage / Photojournalism
Images that illustrate an actual public or non-public event, life, an area of human interest, telling news that have meaning on the context or record of events, high impact and/or lasting emotional response. Basic color and brightness adjustments, cropping, dodging and burning in are allowed. Original captured image (in RAW or jpg) must be available if requested.
Illustration / Digital Art
Graphic depiction of any concept or subject. The main principle of an Illustration is to elucidate or define a concept, story, literature, activity etc. in such a way as to provide a visual representation of the story, title or concept. Composite and non-composite images, and highly manipulated images, are allowed as relevant in this category.
Rules & Regulations for participating in Click Awards and competitions organized by IFVAC and it’s affiliates
In order for your image to participate in we ask that you read the following rules carefully. Photographers submitting images are responsible for reading and adhering to the rules listed below.
- Any questions or circumstances not explicitly accounted for in this call for entries will be resolved by the directors of the International Federation of Visual Arts and Communication (IFVAC) and their decision will be final.
- Participants must own the rights to submitted images.
- Participants are required to have develpoed/editied their own images or have directed and supervised the post-processing of their submitted images.
- Participants are required to have obtained all necessary releases (be it from models or properties). Participants also agree not to hold either the Comité Fotográfico Mexicano (CFM), IFVAC or World Photographic Cup (WPC) liable for any claims or responsibilities that may arise from the use of these images in Click Awards or Haz Clic, CFM, IFVAC or WPC in exhibitions, publications, promotional material or any other non-commercial use of the images submitted to the competition.
- Participants are allowed to submit photos that previously participated and/or won in other photographic contests.
- Participants are allowed to re-submit photos from previous editions of Haz Clic or Click Awards so long as these images haven’t won in previous years.
- Images taken by a student during a course or workshop are forbidden from participating.
- Images obtained from joint projects or collaborations may be submitted.
- Images that have previously published or exhibited (this year or earlier) may be submitted.
- Participant’s name or logo must not be present in submitted images. That being said, if the photos are used for exhibitions, publications, promotional material and/or any other non-commercial use the participants will receive full credit and recognition.
- By registering and participating in Click Awards or any of it’s competitions, participants agree to the (non-profit) use of submitted images to promote said competition. Should an image be used for this purpose participants can expect to receive full credit.
- All participants must agree to grant IFVAC & CFM permission to send submitted photos to the World Photographic Cup (WPC) as well as the rights to use said images in IFVAC & CFM and WPC websites, articles and exhibitions related to Click Awards & Haz Clic con México (HCCM) and the World Photographic Cup (WPC). Participants also grant permission for use of these images in future promotional material for either CFM or WPC.
- IFVAC, CFM and WPC have no rights over submitted images beyond those listed here.
- The jury is made up of a panel of international judges and recognized professionals of the photographic industry. Judges have full autonomy to judge submitted work that has met the prerequisites listed above and is approved of by the directors of the International Federation of Visual Arts and Communication (IFVAC).
- Should it be necessary, participants must be able to show proof of nationality with an official document in order for their images to be eligible to represent their country in the World Photographic Cup (WPC).
- The organizing committee made up of members of the International Federation of Visual Arts and Communication (IFVAC) will have the final decision over the selection of winning photographs.
- Failure to comply with terms and conditions listed above will be evaluated by the organizing committee as it is the sole authority.